Monday, February 24, 2014

on dropping out of college (sort of)

So British netflix is probably one of the greatest things happening for me right now.

And I clearly lost interest in this thing for a while, but it's fun, so I'm back!

Obviously, I was being very dramatic with the title. I didn't actually drop out of college. I didn't even really take a semester off. I'm in one class that I didn't get to take last semester because I was planning my wedding and getting married. In addition to all of that chaos, last semester was my first practicum and I didn't even get to take the spring or summer off. I was understandably very burned (burnt?) out, and I did not want to face another heavy semester. I probably could have survived, just didn't want to.

So, I didn't. I'm just in the one class.

I started looking for a job, and had one blissful, empty month where I did nothing. And then I landed a gig at what my mom told my little sisters is the "underwear store." (And they are not allowed to visit me there.)

Look, it's me at work! (in the back, though, so it's not very exciting.)

All black, tool belt, pink measuring tape, secret agent ear radio.

So my job is fun, and sometimes I run into people I know, which is only sometimes as weird as you would think it would be.

THE BEST PART, though?
 This.
We launched a new fragrance that goes for fifty-two dollars for the small box, and I got it for fifteen. Plus the tumbler and glasses were free with some underwear, AND I got a free T-Shirt Bra, which we are launching TOMORROW, so that's fun. (And I thought it best not to put pictures of my under-things on the internet, but they're great.) All in all, very cool. Free things are cool. Beautiful free things that I love are extra cool.

Basically,

Sometimes you just don't want to go to school, so you sell lingerie instead. I'm not the "full steam ahead" type. More the "stop and smell the perfume tester" type, so I'm very happy. And if you let me get up close and personal with my pink tape measure, I can make you really happy, too. (But it might make your wallet sad, cause yeesh. You get what you pay for, I suppose. Except in my case when it's sometimes free mwahaha.)

The point is. I'm loving having a job and contributing to society, and I smell great every time I come home from work and I know that if you're in a 34D and the band is too tight, you need to try a 36C.

This was not very eloquent, but I keep seeing people I know and I thought it would be nice if I warned everyone so they could mentally prepare for seeing someone they know while buying underwear, which can be really embarrassing if you're caught off guard. (I casually hid behind a large display when I saw a couple from my ward come in, because I was just not ready to be a part of that aspect of their lives, however professionally.

Ok that's all. I hope to see your pretty faces--and other body parts (tehe)-- soon.
Well that last part only applies to the girls, but you already knew that.

Till next time, folks.

1 comment: